Why This Was a Good Day (1/11/11)–Salem
1. I just realized it is 1/11/11.
2. Yesterday I had a full conversation with our host mom in Spanish. Today I talked to two landlords and they didn’t switch to English.
3. I have a sunburn (which will turn into a tan).
4. We found a great apartment (but it’s expensive. We’ll see).
5. I mastered the art of taking a shower in our house (go outside all day when it is 85 degrees. Run inside and shower before you feel how cold the house is).
6. I feel like I’m starting to know my way around the city.
7. Loren can say directions in Spanish and I taught him!
8. We got to see Guatemalan street repair in action. All the roads are stones with dirt around them, so they block a part of the road with little red flags, wet down the road until it is mud, and hammer rocks until they are basically even.
9. I am about to watch Free Willy.
10. My parents might call me!
I hope your day was great too!